Mackerel Islands Booking Policy – Terms & Conditions
UPDATE 30 MARCH 2020:
Your safety, health and well-being remains our top priority and we are monitoring advice daily from the relevant government health authorities to keep up-to-date and assess our continued response.
As a result of new government restrictions on travel within Western Australia, to be introduced from 31 March 2020, we are temporarily closing Thevenard Island and Direction Island, until 30 April 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation to revise the re-opening date outward if necessary. We will aim to give guests at least 2 week’s notice prior to arrival of the decision.
Guests will have the option of a full refund or receive a credit for use within 24 months.
We highly recommend you choose a credit and take the opportunity to secure alternative dates now as we anticipate high demand for bookings.
We appreciate your understanding and support and urge you to postpone your holiday, rather than cancel.
Our team is ready to assist you and we hope to welcome you to the Mackerel Islands soon.—–
UPDATE 23 MARCH 2020:
To assist us in keeping our guests, staff and crew safe and well, extra precautions in line with government advice are currently in place. With these precautions we aim to provide reassurance to your travel plans. This is a changing situation and may be updated.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
In the event you need to change or cancel your travel to comply with government restrictions, or because you are infected with COVID-19, or because you are working in the health industry to combat the spread of the virus, you will receive a full credit which can be used in the next 24 months, for notice provided 7 days in advance of arrival. Please contact our reservations team via email [email protected] or phone +61 (0)8 9184 6444.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Mackerel Islands and wish you a fantastic holiday.
General Booking Policy Terms & Conditions
The adventure holiday/tour on Thevenard Island and/or Direction Island is operated by Mackerel Islands Pty Ltd (A.C.N 008 728 087) (“Mackerel Islands”).
Please read the Mackerel Islands Information Pack provided to you upon booking, which sets out the services and facilities available.
The Mackerel Islands adventure holiday/tour may comprise of the following products and services:
Accommodation, meals, transfers on the mainland (Onslow Airport, Onslow Beach Resort, Beadon Creek Departure Jetty), ferry transfers, transfers on the island, airstrip, boat moorings, facilities (including but not limited to swimming pool, gymnasium, guest laundry, barbeques, island general store, fuel facilities), activities including equipment hire, plaka boat hire, boat charters (fishing, diving, snorkelling and whale watching), courses and activities, 4WD tours, and any other arranged tours.
Please read the terms and conditions below. In completing and submitting the Booking Form, or when making a booking with or for Mackerel Islands through other means, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which constitute the agreement between Mackerel Islands and you. These terms and conditions apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions unless they are set out in the Booking Form or are otherwise agreed to in writing by the parties. Previous dealings between the parties will not vary these conditions. No purported variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person so authorised by Mackerel Islands.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT POLICY
- A 25% deposit is required to confirm your holiday/tour booking.
- The full balance is due 28 days prior to your arrival date.
- For group bookings (a group is defined as 20+ people), the final rooming list is required at least 14 days prior to arrival date.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Mackerel Islands operate in a remote location where cancellations often result in decreased occupancy.
- If for some reason you need to cancel your holiday/tour booking, your cancellation notice must be received by the Mackerel Islands reservations team via email [email protected] or phone +61 (0)8 9184 6444, at least 28 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund less 10% administration fee of monies paid.
- Cancellations made inside the 28 day period will not be issued with a refund.
- All no shows will be charged full payment.
- In the event that you are unable to go to the island due to a pending cyclone, Mackerel Islands will issue you a full refund.
- If you are already on the island and are to be evacuated, Mackerel Islands will issue a refund on a pro rata basis.
- Mackerel Islands will not accept responsibility for any travel or other expenses incurred by you and recommend you take out appropriate travel and medical insurance.
- If your booking is between the months of November and April, please ensure that you are aware of any potential cyclones in the area before leaving home.
- Decisions made to continue your travel to the Mackerel Islands during the risk of a potential cyclone will be taken into consideration when refunds are issued, if you are required to evacuate the island.
Island staff will be happy to assist you with current cyclone warnings. Please contact us on [email protected] or phone +61 (0)8 9184 6444 for more information.
CANCELLATION BY MACKEREL ISLANDS PTY LTD
- Mackerel Islands Pty Ltd (“We”) without liability reserves the right to amend, vary or cancel a booking for a holiday/tour for any reason or at any time where, in its best judgment, road and transport, climatic, political or other circumstances deem it to be convenient or necessary.
- Any accommodation, transfers, tours or activities operated and cancelled by Mackerel Islands Pty Ltd will be refunded in full when a holiday/tour is not able to commence.
- We cannot guarantee the exact arrival and departure times and are not liable for any failure by you to make connection with any other service or carrier.
- We will not accept responsibility for any travel or other expenses incurred by you if you are affected by a cancellation.
- We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you in case of cancellation or other adverse events.
Nature of holiday/tour
It is important to note that an adventure holiday/tour with the Mackerel Islands requires a degree of forward planning, flexibility, and higher level of boating and outdoor skills because:
(i) Mackerel Islands operate in a remote location. Although Thevenard Island offers self-contained beach cabins and a store offering food supplies, alcohol and other provisions, the facilities and services are basic at both Thevenard Island and Direction Island.
(ii) The island waters are subject to harmful marine life and unpredictable tidal and wind changes.
(iii) Medical facilities and assistance is of a limited nature and mobile telephone reception is limited.
Health & safety
You understand and accept that the holiday/tour may:
(i) require physical exertion; and
(ii) operate in remote areas.
You agree to observe the safety and other instructions that the island staff or tour guide provides for the duration of the holiday/tour.
Assumption of risk
You acknowledge that you are travelling to geographical areas where, amongst other things, the standard of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, telecommunications and infrastructure development may not be of the standard that you are used to at home or would find on a conventional holiday/tour.
You acknowledge that having read and understood the terms and conditions outlined above, an adventure holiday/tour at the Mackerel Islands may involve risks (and rewards) above and beyond those encountered on a more conventional holiday/tour and that you are undertaking the adventure trip with its inherent dangers.
We do not guarantee the safety of the boat moorings at Thevenard Island and Direction Island. It is up to the individual boat owners to inspect the mooring they use, to assure themselves that they are comfortable in using the mooring available. If not they will need to use their own anchor.
We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance.
You accept these risks and obligations and fully assume the risk of travel and accommodation, and release Mackerel Islands Pty Ltd from any liabilities whether in contract and/or in or arising out of, or in connection to these risks, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Any legal disputes which may arise shall be resolved in the jurisdiction of Western Australia.