Located a 20 minute boat transfer away from the mainland, Direction Island is easily accessible. We can drop you off with our charter boat or you can arrive with your own private vessel.
The accommodation is a sole, self-contained A-frame beach shack with simple home comforts that enhance the opportunity to soak up the beauty of untouched nature, reconnect with the most important people in your life, and truly unravel from any pressures.
The ultimate wilderness experience, you’ll have the whole island to yourself, allowing you to play castaway with up to 8 of your family and friends on this rustic little island gem.
Pre-order from our Online Grocery Store and take one more item off your ‘to-do’ list. Your order will be delivered to the beach shack in time for your arrival.
Direction Beach Shack
A rustic self-contained cabin nestled amongst beach sand and brush.
- 2 bedroom cabin
- Sleep 2 to 8 people
- Queen beds in each room
- Bunk beds in each room
- Overhead fans
- Clothing storage
- Full kitchen including stovetop, oven, full size fridge/freezer and separate deep freezer
- Pots, pans, crockery and utensils
- Outdoor private bathroom
- Dining area, with table and chairs for up to 8 people
- Large Weber BBQ
- Self contained kitchen and appliances
- Gas oven with 4 hobs,
- Fridge / freezer
- Separate deep freeze
- Crockery, cutlery for 8 people
- Baking dishes, pots, pans, utensils
- Overhead fans
- 2 x power points
For our gourmet self-cook catering menu selections and our online grocery store, see here.
- Raised balcony with panoramic sunrise views to Onslow and sunset views to Thevenard Island
- Dining table and chairs for 8 people
- Private external bathroom with freshwater shower
- Bath and beach towels provided
- Fresh water supply
- Solar powered, including generator backup
- Self-clean – cleaning supplies included
For private vessels under 6 metres in length, there is a boat mooring available for guests.
Boat transfers to and from the Island from Onslow run upon request. Detailed boating information is here.