Direction Island offers a unique and distinctly Western Australian island experience. Located 11 kilometres off WA’s stunning Pilbara coast and nestled within its own coral reef among the spectacular waters of the Mackerel Islands, you can play castaway with up to 8 people on this rustic little island gem.
Accessible by charter boat or private vessel, accommodation on Direction Island is a singular, self-contained A-frame beach shack with simple home comforts that enhance the opportunity to soak up the beauty of untouched nature, reconnect with family and friends, and truly unravel from life’s bustle.
We can even cater for you – our gourmet self-cook hampers are ideal for taking just one more item off your ‘to-do’ list. See full menu here.
For larger accommodation requirements, see Thevenard Island accommodation.
The Beach Cabin
Direction Island’s beach shack caters for those who delight in being with the immensity and magic of the outdoors among a spectacular marine environment.
- Two queen sized bedrooms
- Queen split beds in each room
- Bunk beds in each room
- Overhead fans
- Clothing storage / drawers / tallboy
- Dining area, with table and chairs for up to 8 people
- Large Weber BBQ
- Self contained kitchen and appliances
- Gas oven with 4 hobs,
- Fridge / freezer
- Separate deep freeze
- Crockery, cutlery for 8 people
- Baking dishes, pots, pans, utensils
- Overhead fans
- 2 x power points
For our gourmet self-cook catering menu selections and our online grocery store, see here.
- Raised balcony with panoramic sunrise views to Onslow and sunset views over Thevenard Island
- Dining table and chairs for 8 people
- Private external bathroom with freshwater shower
- Bath and beach towels provided
- Fresh water supply
- Solar powered, including generator backup
- Cleaning supplies
For private vessels under 6 metres in length, there is a boat mooring available for guests.
Boat transfers to and from the Island from Onslow run upon request. Detailed boating information is here.